Friday, August 17, 2007

Holiday in Wales

Gotta include a knitting shot. Here I am sitting on a bench on Jubilee Walk on Moel Lus in Penmaenmawr. In the distance is Great Orme. I still have yet to see anyone else knitting in Wales even tho there are sheep all over the place and according to historical accounts of knitting everyone used to knit socks around here! The only evidence I've managed to find are old needles and remnants of yarn in charity shops.
This is one of my favorite places in Wales. It's near the Druids' Circle in Penmaenmawr. There are lots of sheep (of course) and wild horses! I think that is just so neat! If you look closely you can see mama and baby grazing above the rocks and papa looking on from the right side of the picture. Or at least that's who I think they are.

OMG Aren't they just so cute! They look so soft and snuggly! I wish I knew which breed they are. Would like to know what their wool is like to knit with.


No comments: