Monday, June 04, 2007

Hodge Podge Toe Socks

I got a little over eager on the lenght of the leg (8") so by the time I got to the toe was running very low on yarn (less than 5" left now)...so I alternated it with some leftover Opal, Regia reinforcing thread and even some Shetland cobweb lace wool. I think it looks a bit dorky...but seems a waste of time to rip back just because of toe. The perfectionist in me cringes. Original yarn is Austermann Step no. 16 Jeans. Can't say I feel the Aloe and Jojoba...but they do smell a bit rancid. :D 72 sts on size 1 needles...lets not talk about how I broke my set of Swallow casein DPNs while trying to knit these socks. I thought they were supposed to be flexible!


Pattern is crossover rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.
Next socks are going to be MUCH SHORTER!!!...say 4"? These were a difficult birth.

No comments: